Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Why study Jung?


Jung has been very much a part of my life since my nineteenth year when I began having intense dreams about him. The year was 1961, the time of his death. I became enamored with the psychological field at a small university in Texas. I did not know who or what the significance of those dreams were until 1972 when I ran into the Jung Institute and Dr. Ruth Fry in Houston Texas. I studied with the institute with Dr. Fry, Murray Stein, Gret Baum, Harry Wilmer some of the leading Jungians. My dreams and my own inner dialogues with Jung were intense at that time. I was also the superintendent of a residential treatment center and worked with young people and used many Gestalt and Jungian techniques to deepen the experience of those emotionally disturbed students. Many of the Jungians helped me at that time as well. My life has been a roller coaster, but the calm and complete moments have come from my relationship to the ‘old man’. I want to share some of the good ‘common sense’ Jung had and also utilize some of his work to help you further your own individuation process. I am interested in your dreams, your fantasies and your journeys. So please share with me as we move forward. http://www.gwynnemayer.com

No comments: